Friday, August 22, 2014

Best of Me

She has the kind of beauty that defeats both science and nature, height that justifies the invention of heels and a mind so brilliant its sinful.
You're thinking I can only be describing perfection. Im not. She is afraid of babies. So much so the idea of babysitting is probably the quickest way to trauma village. She is never on time for anything- typical female, will binge on chips or fries depending on what continent you're on and dont even think of taking her to a braai. I could explain but I still need my fingers.
Now you're thinking too much work. Maybe. But she handles it all by herself. She is one of the most determined, most autonomous, most independent person there is. The girl can do bad all by herself.
Strong headed, yes. Pride so bad its retrogressive and honesty so brutal we are looking into protective services.
She's daring and strength embodied, adventure and fun and laughter and intellect. She is that morning coffee, that refreshing glass of orange juice, the happy hour cocktail, the beer with the guys and sometimes even the warm glass of milk to send you to bed.
She is my person. The friend that knows my shadow better than me. The family I love and hate. She is my voice of reason, my biggest fan and the best part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment