Thursday, August 28, 2014

All I have

I remember why I pray.
In moments like these when all my emotions and feelings threaten to tear me apart, when I feel like all I can do is scream or else lose my mind, I remember why I pray.
I remember why in a world and life full of so much confusion and doubt and defeat I choose my Jesus to save me everyday.
Its that love.
How constant that love is.
Its knowing I can rise and fall and it will be there regardless, always faithful, always warm, always true.
I remember that regardless of how hard the storm rages on the outside he give me peace. Such inexplicable peace that sometimes I laugh at how impossible it should be.
Its that grace and that power that can only be of God, the strength through Christ, the comfort, the beauty of his majesty.
Its all so amazing because I do not deserve any of it. I am so big a sinner, even in my dreams I sin. And yet, when I pray none of that matters. Because when I am weak he is my strength, when my faith is shaken he is always and forever constant.
In my deepest and darkest moments I remember my God, I remember the gift of his son on the cross, I remember the Holy Spirit that had been poured into me, I stand on his promises and I remember that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord. But most most importantly, I remember to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment