Monday, August 1, 2016

Mirror to his thoughts

If its a question of my heart,....
But its more than that isn't it?
It's priorities and obligations.
Its society and expectations.
Fantasy and reality.
Love and lust....
Because if its a question of hearts and hearts alone in a place of honesty and throwing caution to the winds of vulnerability, If the question is does my heart beat a little faster, stronger and louder with you around then yes. Yes. Yes. The answer always will be.
But hearts and hearts alone are wrapped in feelings and feelings like beauty are fleeting and shaky and unstable. And I can not be so selfish as to string you along for hearts alone.
For more than hearts we are both good people but my conviction tells me we wouldn't be good people together, not for too long we would never pass the test of time. More so than that I fear we have spent our time together hiding our ugly behind masks of mirrored perfection we wouldn't know where to start to love when it hurts. And I don't know if I can trust you with my scars or trust you to stay after you see all of me.
But if its a question of my heart, you had me at hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment